Creating a website for your business will allow you to promote your products and services online. It also allows customers to contact you directly through email or phone calls. We’ll walk you through the process of setting up a website on WordPress, which is free and easy to use.
1. Choose a Domain Name.
A domain name is the address of your website. If you own a business, you should choose a domain name that reflects your brand. For example, if you sell shoes, you might use “shoes.com” as your domain name.
2. Register it with SiteGround or another domain registrar.
Once you’ve chosen a domain name, you need to register it with a domain registrar. There are several different ways to do this, but one of the easiest is through SiteGround. Sign up for an account at SiteGround and then follow these steps to register your new domain name.
3. Choose a Platform.
Whichever tools you use, make sure that your website is designed to be user-friendly and informative. With a little effort, you can create a perfect website to promote your business.
4. Install WordPress.
After installing WordPress, you will need to register an account with them. This is done by going to http://wordpress.org/signup/. Fill out the form and then click “Create Account” at the bottom of the screen. Alternatively, you can install WordPress with a “one-click” install from within your hosting company.
5. Decide on a Theme.
Once you’ve decided on a theme, you need to decide how much customization you’d like to do. Creating a website can be a great way to grow your business. By deciding on a theme and level of customization, you can get started on your website right away. So, ask yourself, do I want to add custom pages, widgets, or plugins? Do I want to use a CMS (content management system) like WordPress or other? Do I want to design everything from scratch? Once you have a plan, you can start creating your business website.
6. Install WooCommerce Plugin
WooCommerce is a plugin that allows you to create a store on your WordPress site. It is free and open source, and there are tons of extensions and themes available to customize your store. To install WooCommerce, you’ll need to first download the plugin. Then, you can install it by going to your WordPress dashboard and clicking on ‘Plugins’ > ‘Add New’. From there, you’ll be able to upload the plugin and activate it.
7. Set up an Email Account.
If you create a website for your online business, it’s important to have a professional email address. Set up an email account for yourself so you can communicate with customers and prospects. This will allow you to send out emails to people who have requested more information about your products or services. It’s also helpful when you’re trying to build relationships with other businesses. Here’s how:
- Choose a reliable email service provider and some of the most popular ones include Gmail, Yahoo, and Outlook.
- Create an account with your chosen provider. You’ll also need to provide some basic information about your business, such as your business name and website.
- Get a professional sounding email address via your web hosting company; something like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Decide on an SMTP vendor you want to use to set up with the service provider.
- Start using your new email account to communicate with customers and prospects.
8. Add a page for each of your products and services.
- Explain your product or service.
- Describe what your product or service does.
- Explain how your product or service is unique and the best choice for consumers.
- Describe your return policy.
- Create a Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) section.
- Include a contact form.
If you find the process overwhelming, there are several companies you can hire for your web design. If you would like to partner with a web designer agency. At DJ WebDesigns, we are web design company located in Upstate NY but we work with small businesses across the continental United States–Get in touch today!